homestead - Re: [Homestead] Raised Bed Advice

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Raised Bed Advice
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:43:02 EDT

> > As we get older we appreciate not having to bend so
> far and being able to sit on them to do our planting and
> weeding.

Different approaches to the same reality, I suppose. I've always thought
that the older I get, the more I need to be doing some bending and
stretching.
Not so many years ago I could feel some inflexibility setting in and it
occurred to me that in a lot of ordinary tasks there was the accomodating way
and the
stretch way to do it. I began to favor the stretch way with a lot of
creaking and groans and now I'm not quite so inflexible.

I know, I know, but before anyone my senior warns me that my day is coming,
I've been able to pinpoint that date by analyzing all the advice I've been
given over the years. It's about five to seven years from whatever age I
happen
to be. When I was twenty-five, it was 'just wait until your thirties! Boy,
then, it's going to catch up with your! Then fourty and fourty-five, then
fifty, then fifty five. Hasn't caught up yet so I'm going to keep
stretching,
groaning and creaking from time to time, perhaps, but I figure it's use it or
lose it. </HTML>