homestead - Re: [Homestead] Garlic questions

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Garlic questions
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 20:49:01 -0400

Robert Walton wrote:
Depends on how old it is. Even fall planted, this is early for plants
to be finishing up. When did you plant?

I planted at the end of December. Almost fall :>)

LOL, well, I planted mine in late September...might be why I have scapes..lol

I've never planted garlic in the spring. I usually plant it sometime when the moon is right between September and December. Depending on the weather(late frosts, droughts, downpours, etc) and where I plant it(raised beds or in the ground), I usually end up with garlic sometime after July 4 and before Thanksgiving. :) I do think it will be early this year, maybe July 1, because we have had almost perfect weather..a bit cool, good rain, etc.

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky