homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fencing

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fencing
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 10:16:32 -0500

I had to remove a chain link fence from my Austin house before building the wooden privacy fence, as my dogs (labs & pointers) learned to climb over them the week I moved in. I will never own a chain link fence again. I have not had a dog climb "no climb" V or rectangle wire fencing. A couple of my dogs are diggers, so I run an electric "fido" fence on rebar sunk into the ground about 3 inches from the ground and pole fence bottom. It tends to keep the dogs in and the 'dillos out. The fido fence kits and rolls of wire are cheap enough and just require a perusal every couple months or before we take off on a trip.

--Sage
Way Out in Texas

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 07:59:24 -0700