homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fencing

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fencing
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 09:24:27 -0500

On Jun 2, 2008, at 8:49 AM, paxamicus AT earthlink.net wrote:

I'm debating different kinds of fence and thought we might could talk
about what you all like best, and what you don't.

I don't do large or medium animals so the only contribution I can make is to say that I am fully sold on metal fence posts. Buy now, they are rising in price. I just bought ten three-footers for a two-foot armadillo fence and the price was right at two dollars per post.

Were I doing field fencing I would make corners of braced and welded two-inch pipe in concrete. The only alternative I would choose is heavy fence circles filled with rocks.