homestead - Re: [Homestead] Garlic questions

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Garlic questions
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 05:25:36 -0500

On Jun 1, 2008, at 9:56 PM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

You guys further south are going to have a really early crop. How long
are you able to keep them?

Pulled and cured, half the winter at least. Left in the ground ... forever.
Garlic won't freeze. If the tops haven't died in the fall, I leave a lot in
the ground and pull it all winter as I need it. </HTML>

I've not tried that. What's the longest you seen them stay good in the ground?

Reminds me of potatoes. The ground is where they prefer to be.