homestead - Re: [Homestead] Garlic questions

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Garlic questions
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 22:34:04 -0400

Gene GeRue wrote:

I've
got something in my head telling me that you get better garlic from
the little seed cloves than the regular cloves. Is that correct?

No. Do you have those scapes and seed pods forming? If so, then you are seriously early. Of course you are further south, right? What is your zone?

I cut my scapes about ten days ago, Rob. You want all the plant's energy to go into the bulb.. I dice up the scapes and dry them or use them in marinades if convenient.

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky