homestead - Re: [Homestead] How to judge history,

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] How to judge history,
  • Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 00:00:51 -0400

Lynda wrote:

What got me is that even though Kidlet #5 had already signed up on the early thingy for the Marines, we'd get calls from the other branches.

Yes, and mail still comes to the house from the Marines for TJ, and you would think Navy-Marines..ok, same database..but no.
Actually, I am still getting college information, too.

Little known is the fact that if you sign up under one branch and decide it is not for you, you can actually change into another branch to complete your commitment. There is no official dishonor, either. Of course, I think you lose any deals you made beforehand though.
The son of a family friend entered the Navy when TJ did. He decided during the first week of bootcamp that it wasn't for him. He actually quit and joined the Coast Guard and is now on some icebreak in the Antarctic. He's getting out soon-shorter committment.

And just how is K#5 these days?

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky