homestead - Re: [Homestead] Blueberry plantings

  • From: "Karen L. Black" <karen AT plamondon.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Blueberry plantings
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 07:57:55 -0700

I also planted blueberries this year. I've put 13 along the berm in front of
our house: 3 Duke, 2 Bluecrop, 4 Berkeley, Chandler, Darrow and 2 Elliot. I
hope that by planting the early ones to the south, I will space out the
ripening dates a little. It probably won't make much difference until they
are tall enough to shade each other.

Karen Black
Norton Creek Farm
Blodgett, OR