homestead - Re: [Homestead] The 'Bigfoot' story

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The 'Bigfoot' story
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 10:41:37 -0800

Probably 75% instinctual/inherited/genetic and 25% learned. I was a VERY quiet child and spent lots of time sitting with critters or reading or with my grandparents. Grampa and I used to walk a few miles each day and a lot of that time was spent in walking in the forest or on the beach and then just sitting and observing "stuff" and critters. Also, had my first fishing pole at 3 and learned to fly fish when I was about 6. Grampa Charlie made me a mini fishing pole and used to take us up the Elk River to fish. Fishing teaches a lot of patience and an appreciation of serenity. I still go walking in the woods every morning, rain or shine. Kinda recharges the batteries <g>

Also, I am very lucky. I grew up with many relatives that were born in the 1800s and we lived where my ancestors had lived for thousands of years. I feel a real connection to that land/area and feel "at home" or serene when I can wander those forests. I learned a tremendous amount from those relatives about what was prior to contact which I think gave me even more of a connection.

OR, maybe I'm just weird <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

Good for you, Lynda! Is your serenity learned or instinctual?