homestead - Re: [Homestead] The 'Bigfoot' story

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The 'Bigfoot' story
  • Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 10:54:16 -0600

Speaking of deer snorting reminds me of a recent story...my husband teaches K-12 music at the local rural school--having taught only high school suburban kids previously in Chicago--and was working on Old Mac Donald Had A Farm with the kindergarteners when he first asked the class what kind of animals would you find on a farm?--remember we are in ranchland where there are mostly angora goats and exotics--and a little girl piped up and yelled "Deer!" and going along with her suprising answer he asked her what kind of sound a deer makes and she very seriously and faithfully produced the snort and whistle of the imported Axis deer. We get a big kick out of singing this verse now.

--Sage
Way out in Texas