homestead - Re: [Homestead] The 'Bigfoot' story

  • From: clhw AT infoave.net (clhw)
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The 'Bigfoot' story
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 11:25:56 -0400

Bev -- thanks for the story! Those deer really echo through the woods,
don't they! I'm not sure I've heard a fight going on: that must have been
majestic! We had one buck one year, when the apple tree was really bearing,
who would come right behind the house an snort LOUDLY because he wanted to
snack on apples and mostly didn't come into the yard while we were home. It
scared me several times. Not as badly as the jet which was making a
practice reconnisance (however you spell it) run right over our barn just
as I was opening a feed barrel. I nearly fell in the barrel. I thought it
was the end for a split second.

Your new well is making me green with envy! It's almost --*almost* --
motivating me to start campaigning for one here. What was the per foot
drilling charge? Did you go with a submersible pump? Are you having to put
in a lot of new lines to connect to the house? or are you able to tie into
existing lines fairly close by? Does this mean a new well house also? Are
you having the water tested?
Lynn