homestead - Re: [Homestead] NY TIMES Dutch Oven Bread Recipe

  • From: "Gloria Morris" <gloriamorris59 AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] NY TIMES Dutch Oven Bread Recipe
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 16:25:49 -0600

Way back when my son was in Boy Scouts, I downloaded and printed out The
Geezer Cookbook by Dwayne Pritchett, from the Ol Buffalo Outdoor Cooking
site. There are some good, simple recipes in there for making meals in a
Dutch Oven. There are a number of bread recipes in that cookbook. I believe
that cookbook is still available for a free download from the site, but
you'd have to check - I don't frequent the site any longer, having a three
ring binder of the recipes I use instead! There are a vast number of links
on that page, to a whole world of dutch oven cooking sites. Here's a link:
http://www.three-peaks.net/cooking.htm

HTH,

Gloria