homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cornbread season--stovetop?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cornbread season--stovetop?
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 21:33:09 -0800

Buy aluminum free baking powder. Doesn't cost anymore than the regular stuff.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

Well, I wanted some NOW! so I baked it in the oven at 425 for 25
minutes and it came out perfect.

Big disappointment in taste, though. Has a slight metallic taste.
Suspect the self-rising was a big mistake. I used to use cream of
tartar and baking soda instead of baking powder, which as I recall
has aluminum in it.

I wanted it so I put lots of honey on it and ate it and then just
broke it into some homemade soup and it was lots better.