homestead - Re: [Homestead] Daylight Savings Time

  • From: clhw AT infoave.net (clhw)
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Daylight Savings Time
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 18:58:26 -0400

I tutor at a community college and could not keep my eyes open this morning
while waiting for my first student to arrive. Then she, about 20 years
younger than me, was also yawning.

Between students, I went into the center room (our office) and the
secretary AND two of the young male tutors, both in their 20s or 30s, were
ALSO complaining of wanting to go home and go to bed.

We attribute it to the change in time, on which subject I agree with Gene
or Don, who ever said an hour is too much and too abrupt. Also, the cooler
weather makes cuddling down under the quilts or snuggling up to the wood
stove much more appealing.

Husband is suffering from flares of neuralgia and is wakened in pain nearly
hourly some nights. Last night was one. He often manages to not disturb my
slumber and last night I slept like a log... 19 year old daughter is in bed
asleep right now, at 7 pm!