homestead - Re: [Homestead] Daylight Savings Time

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Daylight Savings Time
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 12:45:02 -0600

On Nov 5, 2007, at 12:38 PM, Marie McHarry wrote:

I guess old age brings with it a whole host of sleep problems. I've
been waking earlier and earlier -- and if it's early enough I turn on
the light and read for a while until a decent hour. I know of no one
in my age range (I'm 60) who sleeps worth a damn. At least not for
long.

The last couple years (I am 71) have been my senior sleep habit evolution time. I often wake between two and four o'clock and, unless I have something burning to do, either read or do the mind control thing of focussing on breathing only and shutting all else out so I go back to sleep. It is deadly to start thinking about things I want to do.