homestead - Re: [Homestead] Daylight Savings Time

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Daylight Savings Time
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 12:38:17 -0600

On 11/5/07, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

> It's a sleep thing. Well, actually, it's a sleep-wife thing. I am at
> Heartwood; Chris is in Phoenix. We talk once each week. Arizona, the
> only state to ignore DST, does not change. I fell asleep last night
> waiting for her to call.
>
> And now you know . . . the rest of the story.

Aaaaaah. I see now. The only way to solve _that_ problem is to have
the phone right beside you. If I'm tired enough, even that wouldn't
work.

I guess old age brings with it a whole host of sleep problems. I've
been waking earlier and earlier -- and if it's early enough I turn on
the light and read for a while until a decent hour. I know of no one
in my age range (I'm 60) who sleeps worth a damn. At least not for
long.

Marie