homestead - [Homestead] Frost

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Frost
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 22:08:11 -0800

Well, that's the end of a whole bunch of the garden! No cold warning, certainly no frost warnings and boom last night we had FROST! In fact, the weather prediction was for possible thunderstorms and light showers! And, not just to the point of but the kind that zaps plants right, left and inbetween. Pumpkins, squash, cucumbers, watermelons, tomatoes, some peppers all down to the ground.

Can't win this year. First we have a heat wave way to early followed by frost that zap the fruit on the trees and now this.

AND, to add insult to injury some worthless piece of pond scum dumped 4 kittens out here. Thankfully, they did it the night before last. If they'd done it last night the little boogers would have frozen to death. The kittens are TINY, maybe 5 or 6 weeks old. They've been in a house, they are litterbox trained and very scrawny and hungry.

Now, someone had to drive 2.5 miles out a dirt road to dump these little guys this far out. Obviously, only someone with less brains than a truckload of rutabagas could possibly think kittens this small could fend for themselves.

Times like this I can almost agree with PETA!

Not a good week so far.

Lynda

  • [Homestead] Frost, Lynda, 09/30/2007