homestead - Re: [Homestead] More updates and a question about Denim

  • From: SJC <indexer AT localnet.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] More updates and a question about Denim
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 23:57:50 -0400

A product is made to use in the washer for the very purpose of making denim look 'stone washed', or at least there was one a few years ago. I worked with fabric and machines at the time and we had one in the store where I worked but I can't for the life of me think of the name. Try asking at a store which carries mid-low quality fabric, like JoAnn or Hancocks. Then I'd take said project and the fabric and stuff it in the big washer at the laundromat, where they hopefully have a water treatment to get the junk out of the water......

The upper end fabric shop folks will just look at you like you have two heads; they don't "abuse" fabric, I was once told when looking for fabric for a textured project.

SJ, in Maine, where we can at the moment see the biggest moondog I've ever seen in my life, very exciting to those of us with simple minds....