homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sub mom surfacing(OT)

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sub mom surfacing(OT)
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 05:48:15 -0500

On Sep 28, 2007, at 6:18 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

TJ is now 20 . . . . He's spent a bit over 2 years in Navy Nuclear
schools, and reported to Pearl Harbor last year in late September for
his first assignment on the USS Key West, a fast attack nuclear
submarine. That was the last time I saw him-it's been a year now. . . .
he's a nuclear electrician on the sub-he keeps the reactor safe
and operational, and come December 7th, will be halfway through his six
year enlistment. He's a second class petty officer. He plans to
re-enlist, but hasn't done so yet. . . . He has also
applied to be picked up for STA-21, which is the enlisted to officer
program. He says that if he gets in, great, if he doesn't, well, he
could earn more money in civilian life anyway.

If the Navy fails to see his potential, it deserves to lose him.

Thanks for the update, Bev. Give a salute to the boy from me.

Gene