homestead - Re: [Homestead] What some of it means

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What some of it means
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 17:56:59 -0500

On Sep 26, 2007, at 5:39 PM, Don Bowen KI6DIU wrote:

At 9/26/2007, you wrote:
He appeared on Amy Goodman's Democracy Now
http://tinyurl.com/2d6ysf

That was a good interview and I think he handles himself well in what is a
not very supportive venue. But at the same time he in his answerers proved
himself hostile to a more broad based economic system by his dismissal of
populism.

Well, his training and vision is to seek the ideal economy according to sound principles. Populism is undisciplined. What's popular today may change before we rise tomorrow. We, the common people are relatively ignorant and undisciplined in economic matters. If not, there would not be the current anguish within the mortgage industry.

Darn, there is another book I have to buy and my budget is busted for the
time being.

Hey, come keep an eye on Heartwood when I'm not here and read my copy. Lots of gardening practice room.

Oh, yeah, how naive of me; you are not going to budge from the soft Southern California life until spring warmth in the rest of the world. What a wimp.

Whoops, mea culpa. I intend to spend yet another winter in the balmy Valley of the Sun.

Now, that's a popular condition.