homestead - Re: [Homestead] What some of it means

  • From: Don Bowen KI6DIU <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What some of it means
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:41:47 -0700

At 9/25/2007, you wrote:
That is, we can't earn our collective living by washing each other's clothes.
We cannot shuffle papers from one side of a desk to the other, hook up each
other's computers, coordinate and facilitate this and that ... and expect that
it will result in food on the table and fuel in the tank.

That has been one of the things I try to say. Most work we do is make work, jobs that are little more than shuffling something on to someone else. The real jobs, people who make things or teach are disappearing and are given less importance all the time.Arranging a "deal" seems to be more important than teaching a kid to read or growing a good tasting tomato.

We are busily selling the same case of tuna over and over to ourselves. One of these days someone is going to have to open a can to eat to find it full of stink.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com