homestead - Re: [Homestead] Armadillos

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Armadillos
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:17:59 -0800

Poison, flares, rock walls around chicken wire fences and now cats. Some dimwit down the road shot the pair of fox and the pair of coyotes that lived on the ridge at the east end of our upper 3 acres and the squirrel population increased 10 fold in this spring!

The cats have made a big dent. Of course, the momma cat is Siamese and she's a terror!

I don't think you want these deer. They figured out that there was a 2' space they could jump through between the gate and the arch over it. We closed that up and then they went along the fence and stomped the lower section of wire down to the ground and crawled through. then they discovered the only place we don't have 8' of fence and jumped through there. DH says he's going to start making midnight jerky <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

I will trade armadillos for deer. Ground squirrels are formidable, no
thanks. What have you tried on them?