homestead - Re: [Homestead] seeds/starter plants ??

  • From: Strata R Chalup <strata AT virtual.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] seeds/starter plants ??
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 09:33:19 -0700 (PDT)

Renee's Seeds sells online, and I've grown a number of their Asian varieties.
Renee is Renee Shepherd, formerly of Shepherd's Seeds. She selects both
heirloom and F1 hybrid types for taste and offers really excellent seeds.
They're local, and donate seed packets to the Sunnyvale Community Garden, but
I buy the seeds also at the local hardware store.

You might really like the Pan-Pacific Asian Stir-Fry mix, which has choi,
mustard, kale, and other goodies in it, and is meant to be snipped down and
re-cut multiple times:
http://www.reneesgarden.com/seeds/packpg/veg/greens-pacific.htm

Also broccoli raab (italian, but the same as 'chinese broccoli'):
http://www.reneesgarden.com/seeds/packpg/veg/broccoli-raab.htm

And just plain pak choi:
http://www.reneesgarden.com/seeds/packpg/veg/pakchoi.htm

The full online catalog is here: