homestead - Re: [Homestead] Call for Ideas !

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Call for Ideas !
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 11:12:59 -0500

On Sep 12, 2007, at 10:47 AM, <eureka AT hctc.net> <eureka AT hctc.net> wrote:

Finding a new place to spend the rest of our lives is not
feasible until my husband retires 3-5 years...and what's
to say it wouldn't happen again?

Choose land far away from land that is desirable for intensive agriculture or housing development.

There are plenty of
people with big bucks hankering to retire,ready to clear
the land to plant WalMart shrubbery.

They all want to be close to WalMart or even more upscale shops.

Is there any affordable product out there that could make
a large running quilt wall of cotton sheets, etc.
waterproof to the elements? If it could last 10 years it
might give us time to plug in landscaping as we can afford
it.

The only thing that comes to mind is poly shade netting.