homestead - Re: [Homestead] Garden water infrastructure

  • From: Don Bowen KI6DIU <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Garden water infrastructure
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 18:17:37 -0700

At 9/10/2007, you wrote:
My goal is to have some kind of water supply in each garden bed that
is controllable. I prefer drip irrigation and am thinking about a
normal, high-pressure Schedule 40 one-inch line to the first bed,
have a valve there, then go shallow with irrigation piping to the
rest of the beds and across the main path to the other half of the
garden.

I did something similar. I had six 4 by 16 beds. I ran a 2" PVC sched 40 line down to the garden where I placed a shutoff and a hose bib on a tee. From there I ran 1 in. down to the center of the beds where I teed off to each bed where I put a hose bib. I could use soaker hoses or drip lines as needed on each bed.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com