homestead - Re: [Homestead] Mac Question

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Mac Question
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 21:33:42 -0800

thanks. Not my cup of tea <g> However, I think it might be something for the computer club at the local 4-H. They've been looking for things for the younger kids to take apart.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>

256 mb RAM will be about $75 and the daughterbooard is another $75.
The PRAM battery will be about $15. So that is about $165 if you can
install the parts. Assuming it comes with or you have a monitor,
keyboard and mouse. You'd have a working computer. OS 9 is not
supported and I think that programs for it might be hard to find. At
least newer programs. I don't know how old your kid is, if learning to
use the computer is the goal, They'd be learning a now defunct OS. If
they are at the stage that they are just learning to use the mouse and
keyboard, it would certainly do.

Kids can be rough on computers and newer ones get outdated fast, just
to look at the other side of the fence :>)