homestead - [Homestead] Mac Question

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Mac Question
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 11:17:13 -0800

O.K., Mac owners, what do you think about the following. Is it worth the effort?

Lynda

"I've got a nice, clean 9600 Power Mac
tower. It originally was a 300 MHz machine, but the cpu daughtercard is
missing, as are the clock battery and RAM sticks. It's got a 4GB SCSI hard
drive with a fresh install of OS 9.1, plus AppleWorks and lots of kids'
games, as well as a CD- ROM and a floppy drive. I borrowed a daughtercard,
RAM and a clock battery to test it, and it ran very well with those borrowed
parts while I initialized, tested and installed software on the hard drive.

"This is a nice machine to upgrade as it's got 5 empty PCI slots, 12 RAM
slots, and room for two more hard drives. So, if you've got the missing
parts (any one of a number of third-party
G3 and G4 upgrade cards will fit