homestead - Re: [Homestead] cisterns

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] cisterns
  • Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 11:57:44 -0500

The Wildflower Center used to have a virtual tour of the rainwater harvesting system at www.wildflower.org but the website's been through several incarnations since I left and it doesn't appear to be there anymore. They also had a nice free brochure that illustrated and explained all of it, so anyone interested might inquire about it through their website.

Two other Austin-based rainwater harvesting businesses are Tank Town and Timber Tanks. Maybe that's on the website you shared, too--didn't get a chance to read it yet, maybe I'm duplicating info.

One of the problems we face in collection here is you never know if you are going to get your yearly 24 inches over time or all in one day!

--Sage
Way out in Texas

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 11:14:20 -0500