homestead - Re: [Homestead] Drive your car over 200,000 miles and save money

  • From: Don Bowen KI6DIU <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Drive your car over 200,000 miles and save money
  • Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 21:09:02 -0700

At 9/1/2007, you wrote:

That's the same as saying "none". You put a lot of miles on the truck on a
regular basis, do you not? Do you put a lot of stock in all sythetic oil as
opposed to 1/4 sythetic?

I have debated that with myself and still have not come to any conclusion.Last spring while climbing up Cajon Pass a line to the oil cooler blew. I did not have enough oil with me so drove to a nearby Target. All they had was Castrol dino juice. I topped off with that and ran the rest of the trip. I recently changed oil and went back to Castrol synthetic. I am going to see if there is any difference in oil consumption. Also the front seal is weeping a very little bit and I will keep an eye on it to see if it changes.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com