homestead - Re: [Homestead] The earth is warming?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The earth is warming?
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 22:18:55 -0800

Well, referring back to the fog issue and redwood tree rings
http://www.savetheredwoods.org/research/grant_detail.php?id=11

"The most noticeable manifestation of the PDO-fog connection has been a continual reduction in fog frequency of approximately 12% since 1977. . . .This record suggests an even more startling trend-fog has declined substantially (as much as 50%) in the last one hundred years."

The rest of the stuff is hard copy at Humboldt State and I can't find a link to it on the web, yet. So, there are records that indicate a change since man meandered into the redwoods back in 1850.

BTW, I can't find anything anywhere that tells me that the guy that wrote the article for Kashmir is anything other than a journalist. And the last paragraph of the link doesn't make a whole bunch of sense.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob" <becida AT comcast.net>

http://www.greaterkashmir.com/full_story.asp?Date=23_4_2007&ItemID=10&cat=12

>>In the 300 years of ice-age between 1500 and 1840 AD, 37 famine
years occurred. In the 600 years preceding 1500 (a warmer period)
only 12 famine years occurred. In the cool period preceding 1920,
drought in India occurred on an average of once every 8.6 years. As
the global temperatures did rise between 1920 and 1960, one drought
was averaged every 14 years.
During the warmest decade of the 1930s the probability of drought in
India was only one in 18 years. An increased frequency of drought and
famine has occurred in the past when Average Global Temperatures
declined as little as 2 degree centigrade. <<