homestead - Re: [Homestead] The job

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The job
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 23:46:47 -0400

What do you do, Roxann?

Roxann Phillips wrote:
Bev, you sound like me almost 2 years ago. It has taken me this long to
finally feel like I can do both a career and homestead at the same time.
And still the homestead loses out on many deals. But it's better, mainly
because I've settled into a sort of routine that fairly decently manages
to juggle all of the irons I have in the fire. And it took me almost a
year to learn the new instrument I use, and now we have just ordered a
newer one that I will be learning and will need to devote time to
learning. But the days are finally longer so I at least get home before
dark, although I still leave before daylight. Liking your job,
especially if it's not dead-end, and your coworkers do count for a lot.
I wouldn't be able to stand working away from if it weren't so for me.
But I've still put myself on a "5 year plan" to make this farm pay me
enough to quit my job and stay home to work ;)

Roxann, Kingston AR, zone 6b
http://www.AncientEarthWisdom.com
http://www.OzarkGinseng.com