homestead - Re: [Homestead] Are you affected by Global warming?

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Are you affected by Global warming?
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 16:22:48 -0700

Whatever...

Kyoto was a ruse created by the EU to force the US to tax energy as heavily as they do. Anyone who believes otherwise is naive:

EU Environment Commissioner Margot Wallstrom: "[Kyoto] is not a simple environmental issue where you can say it is an issue where the scientists are not unanimous,. This is about international relations, this is about economy, about trying to create a level playing field for big businesses throughout the world."

I know it's hard for you to accept that we've reached the age when politicans take money in return for working against us, but be strong.

Bill
S. Oregon coast

Lynda wrote:

Ya know, that argument is just simply silly.

As far as the countless free trade agreements that have been forced upon us, there's no way to describe it other than experimenting with our lives.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Jones" <billj AT harborside.com>

Certainly not enough to let brilliant experimentalists play with our
lives. What if we took drastic steps that threatened our security and
livelihoods just to placate these theorizers, and it turned out that the
warming took place anyway?

Meanwhile our friends in China will be the benefactors of shutting down
our industry. I'm especially skeptical in light of the way that the
previous bunch of liawyers left serious doubt about whom they were
really working for, when it turned out that China was to have an
exemption under the Kyoto Accord.

Bill
S. Oregon coast