homestead - Re: [Homestead] Are you affected by Global warming?

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Are you affected by Global warming?
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 06:17:48 -0700

At 4/21/2007, you wrote:
I'm surprised about snow on the ground for several
months. I'm 100-150 miles north of Heartland and
don't remember snow staying on the ground for months
or seldom weeks at a time. Guess I always thought
that was part of Missouri weather pattern.

I grew up about 250 miles north of there and remember many long winters. There would also be a huge snowfall toward the end of March. Snow would often be on the ground for weeks at a time. My brother and I would pack and water the snow on a north facing slope and have a sled run for most of the winter.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com
My travel journal

I am omnivagant.