homestead - [Homestead] The job

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] The job
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 00:47:31 -0400

Well, I have been working for a couple of weeks now and nothing
homesteady has gotten done. I am enjoying the job, but wish the pay was
better. I do think, however, that I can be successful at this
company-it's certainly not a dead end job.I come home at night and study
until I go to bed. Ron has been picking up the slack at home, but we
are both overwhelmed with all there is to do, and there is no end in
sight. Even my boss says it will take a year or so to really feel
halfway comfortable in the job. But, I like my co-workers, and for me,
that's a huge thing. I don't think I studied this much in college,
though...lol..
In the midst of the new job, Ron has been kicking butt to help me
out..he's cooked a couple of nights, we have eaten out more in the last
two weeks than we have in the past two years, and he has taken over
chores...that's in addition to the various projects we have going, like
laying the laminate flooring throughout the house. It's all I can do to
work, do laundry, pay bills, and study. I have a new appreciation for
working couples.
The garden is suffering from neglect from both me and Mother Nature. We
need rain, so if anyone knows a good rain dance that I can do in the car
on the ride to work, let me know. I still have a bunch of tomatoes and
peppers to plant, but hopefully I'll get that done tomorrow.
Anyway, just wanted y'all to know that I didn't fall off the face of the
planet or anything, just been super busy with life...wish I could say
homesteading, but alas, nothing is perfect.

Bev
--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the
ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.