homestead - Re: [Homestead] Are you affected by Global warming?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Are you affected by Global warming?
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 20:10:33 -0700

On Apr 21, 2007, at 6:59 PM, Don Bowen wrote:

At 4/21/2007, you wrote:
Heartwood, extreme southern Missouri, was always cusp 6a, 6b. Looks
like we are sliding into 7. I like it for gardening season extension.
Will report later on how it fits with summer heat tolerance. Suspect
precipitation will also change. This last year was up by about
fifteen inches.

I asked someone there who has kept records and her response was that there
has been a definite warming and movement into zone 7.

I was not so easy on her. I asked her if she concurred that we should now consider ourselves in Zone 7. I asked her if she was ready to go toe-to-toe with the National Arbor Day Foundation.