homestead - Re: [Homestead] Are you affected by Global warming?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Are you affected by Global warming?
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 17:07:54 -0700

On Apr 21, 2007, at 10:10 AM, Don Bowen wrote:

More than likely yes. Look at the changes in hardiness zones.

http://www.arborday.org/media/map_change.cfm

Heartwood, extreme southern Missouri, was always cusp 6a, 6b. Looks like we are sliding into 7. I like it for gardening season extension. Will report later on how it fits with summer heat tolerance. Suspect precipitation will also change. This last year was up by about fifteen inches.