homestead - Re: [Homestead] Are you affected by Global warming?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Are you affected by Global warming?
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 12:19:43 -0800

We are close to two major snow resorts, Mt. Shasta and Mt. Lassen. Almost all skiing is already closed and some never opened. There is usually skiing until June and sometimes into July.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

The lack of snow is odd here too. I used to do a lot of cross-country
skiing. Last winter we had an ice storm and a day of snow. I've talked
to my SIL about going up north during the winter for a bit of skiing,
but they aren't getting reliable snow either. And that's in Michigan's
UP near Marquette.

Marie