homestead - Re: [Homestead] Mulch

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Mulch
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 13:26:11 -0400

Hi Lisa,
My neighbor uses roundup applied selectively for such things. He
afixed a homemade applicator to a squeeze bottle on an extension, and
just paints the poison ivy thru his beds.......but, if you have alot of
area to treat, this might be just toooo much.

I have seen just a little of that growing around our paper burn barrel -
gives me the heebee-geebies, so i tend to it as soon as i spy it the last
couple years. Thank heavens it's not in our food growing areas at all -
yet.
Best of luck toya.........aren't loads of mulch just heavenly?!
Especially when some truck brings it and i don't have to fork it myself
at the pallet mill nearby ;-)
Toni ~in the KY woods