homestead - Re: [Homestead] What's planting in your zone 6-7?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] What's planting in your zone 6-7?
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 20:26:51 -0800

Hello, my name is Lynda and I suffer from ZDD <g>

Lynda, who used to have over 300 growin days a year and now is lucky if she has even half that but usually has a 1/3!
----- Original Message ----- From: <tonitime AT juno.com>

To any of you in the growing zones 6 and 7, i'd love to hear what you are
planting now and over the next weeks. Each year i learn more of this
climate, and know what we can get away with planting (should Mom Nature
see it the same!).
I lived the first 45 yrs of life in zone 9 - with maybe 90 days longer
growing season. Moving to this climate was a humbling and educational
change, Man oh man, were we ever spoiled in the middle of California -
garden AND pest wise! It's helpful to hear what some of you can get away
with at your spot in zone 6ish.

Truly, the dreaded ZDD * disease catches us again and again here.