homestead - [Homestead] What's planting in your zone 6-7?

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] What's planting in your zone 6-7?
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 22:54:14 -0400

To any of you in the growing zones 6 and 7, i'd love to hear what you are
planting now and over the next weeks. Each year i learn more of this
climate, and know what we can get away with planting (should Mom Nature
see it the same!).
I lived the first 45 yrs of life in zone 9 - with maybe 90 days longer
growing season. Moving to this climate was a humbling and educational
change, Man oh man, were we ever spoiled in the middle of California -
garden AND pest wise! It's helpful to hear what some of you can get away
with at your spot in zone 6ish.

Truly, the dreaded ZDD * disease catches us again and again here.

Thanks for you advice along the way.
Toni - KY.

*zone denial disorder