homestead - Re: [Homestead] Mulch

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Mulch
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 17:29:35 -0500

On 4/1/07, Lisa K.V. Perry <lisakvperry AT gmail.com> wrote:
Wondering aloud, do you all think if we heavily mulched now that it would
lessen the amount of bind weed? The stuff is so stubborn, I figure it will
occur no matter what I do or don't do, but perhaps mulch would help.

Bindweed is one of the handful of pests that make me consider Roundup.
Another one is star of bethlehem, which is currently taking over my
front yard. You can use it carefully and just paint leaves, and it
allegedly breaks down in the soil is a short time.

Marie