homestead - [Homestead] Moving to WV

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Moving to WV
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 14:52:45 -0800

Forwarded with permission. Maybe someone knows someone looking for a caretakers job?

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "zen_sojourner" <ZenSojourner AT hotmail.com>

I've been accepted to a doctoral program in West Virginia in clinical
psychology. The program is specifically aimed at those planning to go
into practice in a rural environment. So eventually I'll be back
somewhere rural, but for the next 5 years, it isn't going to be here
in Missouri.

So I'm looking for preferably a caretaker, possibly a buyer for my 26
acres in Missouri. There is a house, closed in but no interior finish
work has been done. There is a well. There is a barn, 3 years old.
There is power. There is not a septic tank. I had a sawdust toilet
and intended to go with a composting toilet eventually.

26 acres total, about 16 of that is flat, about 9 acres in pasture.
The soil is clay loam (unusual for on top of a ridge in Missouri, but
there you have it). There are allegedly 3 wet weather springs on the
back side of the property down into the ravine, but I can't say as
I've ever found them. Deer and turkey abound. Trees are mostly oak,
some hickory, pawpaw, and elm, some cedar and pine, but mostly oak.

I've been there for 9 years. I have a lot invested - emotionally - in
the place. I intended to die there. I'm extremely attached to it.
I'd like to come back to it, if possible, but to do that, I'd need a
long-term caretaker. Otherwise, I don't see how I can avoid having to
sell it.

If anyone is interested, contact me off-list.

Thanks.

Sojourner