homestead - Re: [Homestead] Mulch

  • From: clhw AT InfoAve.Net (clhw)
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Mulch
  • Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 17:15:58 -0400

With all the hundreds of postholes we've dug into our clay soil, we've been
lucky to have two of us to swap off. My husband dug the larger share of
them but I've done several from start to finishing packing the new post
into it.

I KNOW hole digging is not a really fun job, even if there is loose, fluffy
dirt, which would be a luxury here. But the ones who are being paid to dig
seem to have a lot of loafing time. And that supervisor...I have one
particular man in mind...someone we knew and who was for long years the
manager for the small township where our mail is sorted. We called him
Charlie Tuna for his profile.