homestead - Re: [Homestead] [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: Schools

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: Schools
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 14:47:12 -0500

On 11/30/06, rayzentz AT aim.com <rayzentz AT aim.com> wrote:

You and I are <gasp> in pretty much total agreement here. Ever since I
was required, in eighth grade, to memorize who invented the cotton gin
(which , incidentally, I have never forgotten - Eli Whitney), when I
realized we spent no time whatsoever on why this was important.
I realized then at least one weakness in the PS system. There are many
others.

I know that Eli Whitney invented the cotton gin as well, but can't tell
anything about the machine. It wasn't until later years that I learned why
the cotton gin was important and what it did for the South.

... Until our society reaches the point where all parents see this as
important, I will remain a very squeaky cog in a cumbersome, imperfect,
machine, that perhaps, if enough other cogs squeak, will finally see
repairs.

Go on...the world needs squeaky wheels. I need to fix a sticking
keyboard.

Lisa