homestead - Re: [Homestead] [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: Schools

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: Schools
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 13:36:25 -0500

rayzentz AT aim.com wrote:

Incidentally, my brother teaches in a public school (German), and yet
his wife homeschools their 5 children. In my opinion, a bit
hypocritical...

I don't think so. Every kid is different and not everyone homeschools because they think the public schools are inferior.
Aside from that, teaching is simply a skill/job/career. Perhaps he simply enjoys being around the kids and the act of teaching. Many cops enjoy helping the public, and don't personally support the laws they are sworn to uphold. I see no hypocrisy here.

Despite all the problems inherent in ps systems, which many of you
have presented, accurately, I still feel that I am more effective as
a "radical" voice within the system, than as an outsider.

Perhaps your brother feels the same.

Bev
34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky