homestead - Re: [Homestead] Schools

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Schools
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 19:06:37 -0500

On 11/28/06, rayzentz AT aim.com <rayzentz AT aim.com> wrote:

Your kid is also going to need to know how to deal with aggressive
"neighbors" in a real world setting, which he apparantly does.

Tonight on the way home after I picked up my son from his after school job,
he told me that a good friend of his got beat up on his bus ride home
yesterday. He slightly chipped his front two teeth when his jaws slammed
shut and his head hit the side of the bus. He's pressing charges for
assault. I feel awful that this happened to this child. I know him and his
parents, Spencer is in marching band with him. This is not the kind of
aggression a kid should have to deal with on a bus ride home from school.
All of this is eye opening, seems like we lead a sheltered life when we home
schooled both sons. That, I often miss.

Lisa