homestead - Re: [Homestead] Trespassers, dealing with

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Trespassers, dealing with
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:39:25 -0500

When a neighbor (a really disgusting ex-con who was in the habit of,
amongst other things, molesting little girls) decided to fell some
trees on a former homestead, I built a fence and posted the property.
I also made a point of doing some target shooting.

I had people coming onto my land to cut firewood in the year or so
between when I bought it and when I started living here. There is a
good farm road off the gravel road and I guess it was a good place to
get in and cut some firewood.

I made it a point to do some target practice with my shotgun once I
started living here and do target practice once in a while now. Word
gets around and I figure it's good that everyone knows that I have
guns and use them.

Rob - Va