homestead - Re: [Homestead] Trespassers, dealing with

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Trespassers, dealing with
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 20:07:15 -0800

Fences, dogs and here we can fire in the air and do. And we find the worst folks are the hunters. Those we run off before they get very far up our road. We are lucky in that our road is private and the minute the come off the highway we can have them run in for trespassing. Another deterient is that if they get hauled in for treaspassing, they end up an hour away and there is no public transportation except 9 to 5 weekdays and then only twice a day <g> Of course, they could take a taxi but that would cost them over $100!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

Years ago I was at a dinner party at a nearby
friend's house. Guests included our elected
county judge. During after-dinner talk, John
noted that the most contentious cases he heard
involved property line disputes and charges of
trespassing. Serious felonies caused anger but trespassing caused rage.
Something there is in many of us otherwise gentle
folk that brings out the base animal within when
our territory is invaded. This article by TNYT
gardening editor motivates me to ask you how you
feel about and deal with those who violate your property rights.