homestead - Re: [Homestead] Real Estate Question

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Real Estate Question
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 15:42:26 -0700

In CA, if you ask a realtor to find you a house they are your agent. If you see a house/property listed and ask the listing agent about it they have to advise you that you might want to get an agent to represent you when you get past the "looky loo" stage. If you *choose* to use them as "buyer's" agent when they are also "seller's" agent, there are 3 or 4 forms they have to fill out with full disclosures. You are not bound to the seller's agent just because you called on an ad and asked questions.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "VAN DELL JORDAN" <vdjor AT yahoo.com>

Lynda,
Have you been through this experience? I know laws
can vary from state to state and agents who are not
Realtors don't have the same restrictions.
I'm not sure how much of this is law, professional
ethics or the standards attached to the term Realtor,
but practice is that once you have talked to an agent
you don't go to another.