homestead - Re: [Homestead] Regrets & positives of my homestead

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Regrets & positives of my homestead
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 20:15:58 -0400

>2) Not building a shop as my first project, or the above mentioned
>pole barn and using half of it as a shop.

Funny how life gets in the way of sound plans. I am a strong advocate
of building a shop building first. Today that is what I am working
on, a mere thirty years after buying this land.

Do it first or maybe do it never?

Me too. I planned to build a little shop first. I've done numerous
poultry houses, a goat shed that is turning into the first phase of a
barn complex and still no shop.

At the place in El Salvador, I built a little shop first, not sure
what happened here.... I hope to not make the mistake again, 'cause I
hope to not do this again!

Rob - Va